Sunday, October 25, 2009

What's in a name?

My Twitter name is also walking26 and recently someone asked me, "Why walking26?" There are a number of reasons, but for the purpose of this golf blog, the answer is: 26 is the average number of holes that I walk during a tournament round, 18 following a group, plus 8 more to either catch a few other players or to find the parking lot.

So, by way of introduction: to say I’m a bit golf-crazy might be like saying Tiger Woods is a pretty good player. I mainly follow the PGA Tour and the European Tour. I try to attend as many tournaments as my schedule will permit, which in 2009 was 5 (WGC-CA Championship, The Players Championship, HP Byron Nelson Championship, St. Jude Classic, WGC-Bridgestone Invitational).

This blog will be a mix of golf-related things: some opinions on events (on-course and off-course), tournament results, pre-tournament predictions for those who play fantasy golf (and post-tournament results of predictions, in the interest of humility), life lessons from the course, stories from some of my adventures, and anything else that might fit in. I hope anyone who may read this will enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment