Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Predictions: SBS Championship

It’s time for my first tournament predictions of 2010. This week’s tournament is the winners-only SBS Championship in sunny, warm, beautiful Hawaii (reporting from 13-degree weather and snow flurries, I’m terribly jealous of those in Kapalua).

My pick to win this week is Zach Johnson. Yes, I’m one of the millions on the Zach bandwagon, and why not? He played the best golf in his career in 2009, and had two top-10’s in last year’s “Hawaii swing”, with a 6th at Kapalua and a win at Sony.

My “runners-up” are Stephen Ames and Steve Stricker. Again, very popular picks. Both had top-5 finishes at Kapalua in 2008.

For those readers who play Fantasy Golf on Yahoo, here’s my roster for SBS:
“Front 4”: Zach Johnson, Nick Watney, Dustin Johnson, Matt Kuchar
“Bench team”: Stephen Ames, Geoff Ogilvy, Pat Perez, Paul Casey [Casey would ordinarily start, but I’m waiting to see if he is in fact completely recovered from last year’s oblique injury.]

Best of luck to all in Kapalua this week! Possibly-humbling prediction results coming after the conclusion of the tournament…

No comments:

Post a Comment