Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Predictions: St. Jude Classic

After missing last week due to some "off-the-course" issues, I'm back with my picks for the St. Jude Classic. I'll be reporting "live" from Memphis after the final two rounds, so stay tuned on Saturday and Sunday. The food and music will be great, and hopefully the weather will be better than last year!

Three players I'm watching closely this week:

* Heath Slocum. He had a top-10 here last year, and I'm expecting the same this year.

* David Toms. He's won twice here, and was runner-up last year. Hard not to pick him this week.

* Robert Allenby. Yes, I've got Allenby on the bench for the first round, instead of starting. Ordinarily, he'd be a sure-thing starter, with top-5's in the last two years here. However, I've got serious questions about his mental game at this point, and his two-day-only showing at Memorial did nothing to alleviate those concerns. If he turns it around early, he'll start in later rounds.

My Yahoo Fantasy Golf team for this week:

"Front 4": Heath Slocum, David Toms, Fredrik Jacobson, Paul Goydos
"Bench team": Jason Dufner, Robert Allenby, Brian Gay, John Senden

Current Yahoo Fantasy Golf standings: 3157 points, 81st percentile.

Best of luck to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment