Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Predictions: Players Championship

Sunny Florida is anything but this Wednesday afternoon, at least on I-10 heading east toward Jacksonville and Ponte Vedra. But indoors now and just a few miles from TPC Sawgrass, I'm ready to make my picks for the Players Championship.

My three "spotlight players" this week are Stephen Ames, Jim Furyk, and Ben Crane. All three have turned in some good performances here in Ponte Vedra; Ames is the 2nd-leading money winner at TPC, and Furyk and Crane both had top 10's last year.

My Yahoo Fantasy Golf team for this week:

"Front 4": Stephen Ames, Jim Furyk, Henrik Stenson, Ben Crane
"Bench team": Phil Mickelson, Kevin Na, Brian Davis, Ian Poulter

Last week's picks weren't great. Stuart Appleby was my only "spotlight player" to make the cut, and he finished in 69th. Hopefully, this week will be better. My Yahoo Fantasy Golf standings: 2521 points, 82nd percentile.

Best of luck to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment