Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Predictions: Shell Houston Open

Congratulations to Ernie Els, who won the Arnold Palmer Invitational on Monday afternoon; as I mentioned in my post from Sunday, if you’re superstitious and inclined to wagering, you might want to make a wager on him for the Players Championship in May.

But now it’s on to Texas, for the Shell Houston Open. Most predictors that I’ve read have mentioned Paul Casey and Fred Couples as two players to watch, and I’m no exception. Casey is the defending champion, and Couples finished 3rd here last year. Casey has three top-10 finishes in stroke-play events this year, two within the last month, as well as a runner-up finish at the WGC-Accenture Match Play. Couples has three wins in four starts on the Champions Tour this season. Both are bringing a lot of positive momentum into Houston.

My Yahoo Fantasy Golf team:
“Front 4 : Bubba Watson, Fred Couples, Lee Westwood, Paul Casey
“Bench team”: Ernie Els, Hunter Mahan, Andres Romero, Nick O’Hern

The “prediction hex” was on last week, as my two spotlight players, Nick Watney and Graeme McDowell, finished 64th and MC, respectively.

My Yahoo Fantasy Golf standings: 1813 points, 75th percentile.

Best of luck to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment